STCW BASIC SAFETY WEEK OVERVIEW:
In order to work on a superyacht or other commercial vessel, crew and interior staff must (by law) have attended the following five basic safety courses:
- STCW Elementary First Aid (EFA)
- STCW Personal Survival Techniques (PST)
- STCW Fire Prevention & Fire Fighting (FPFF)
- STCW Personal Safety & Social Responsibilities (PSSR)
- STCW Proficiency in Security Awareness (PSA)
Bundled together these five short courses are known as STCW Basic Safety Week.
STCW BASIC SAFETY WEEK COURSE DURATION:
This 5-day course generally runs Monday to Friday
STCW BASIC SAFETY WEEK PRE REQUISITES:
STCW BASIC SAFETY WEEK COURSE CONDITIONS:
This course is run across two venues. First Aid and Survival training takes place at our centre in Southampton. However the Fire Fighting takes place off site at Hythe near Southampton. Fire Fighting training is provided by an external MCA Approved Training Provider.
STCW BASIC SAFETY WEEK WHAT’S INCLUDED:
- STCW Basic Safety Certificate for all five courses
- 5 days of training
- Full use of all teaching resources
- First Aid Manual
- Sea Survival Handbook
- Fire Prevention & Fire Fighting Manual
- PSSR Manual
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE STCW BASIC SAFETY WEEK:
BOOKING THE STCW BASIC SAFETY WEEK:
The dates below signify the start of each Basic Safety week. The order in which the courses are taught is subject to change.