STCW BASIC SAFETY WEEK OVERVIEW:
In order to work on a superyacht or other commercial vessel, crew and interior staff must (by law) have attended the following five basic safety courses:
- STCW Elementary First Aid (EFA)
- STCW Personal Survival Techniques (PST)
- STCW Fire Prevention & Fire Fighting (FPFF)
- STCW Personal Safety & Social Responsibilities (PSSR)
- STCW Proficiency in Security Awareness (PSA)
Bundled together these five short courses are known as STCW Basic Safety Week.
STCW BASIC SAFETY WEEK COURSE DURATION:
This 5-day course generally runs Monday to Friday
STCW BASIC SAFETY WEEK PRE REQUISITES:
STCW BASIC SAFETY WEEK COURSE CONDITIONS:
This course is run off site at Hythe near Southampton. Training is provided by an external MCA Approved Training Provider.
STCW BASIC SAFETY WEEK WHAT’S INCLUDED:
- STCW Basic Safety Certificate for all five courses
- 5 days of training
- Full use of all teaching resources
- First Aid Manual
- Sea Survival Handbook
- Fire Prevention & Fire Fighting Manual
- PSSR Manual
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE STCW BASIC SAFETY WEEK:
- Accommodation (You will be offered during the booing process the chance to book shared accommodation on site for £20/night. Accommodation is subject to availability. Separately there are a large number of local B&Bs and guests houses available).
BOOKING THE STCW BASIC SAFETY WEEK:
The dates below signify the start of each Basic Safety week. The order in which the courses are taught is subject to change.