STCW PERSONAL SURVIVAL TECHNIQUES (PST) COURSE OVERVIEW:
STCW Personal Survival Techniques (PST) is one of the five basic safety courses required by all professional seafarers and can be booked as a stand alone day or part of the STCW Basic Safety Week. It is a sea survival course that covers abandonment and survival principles and is required by the STCW 1995 Code of practice and STCW 2010 amendments.
STCW PERSONAL SURVIVAL TECHNIQUES (PST) COURSE COURSE DURATION:
The STCW PST course takes 1 day to complete and includes a 2 hour pool session.
STCW PERSONAL SURVIVAL TECHNIQUES (PST) COURSE PRE REQUISITES:
The Personal Survival Techniques (PST) course is suitable for all levels of experience, however the following apply;
- Minimum age 16 (14-15 year olds with good health and fitness can contact us for permission to join this course)
- Water confident (i.e. a non swimmer can join us if he/she is confident in a swimming pool)
- Reasonable physical health and fitness. You will be expected to climb into a liferaft from the pool. If in any doubt consult your GP.
STCW PERSONAL SURVIVAL TECHNIQUES (PST) COURSE COURSE CONDITIONS:
This course is run off-site. Training is provided by an external MCA Approved Training Provider. Courses are run from Hythe near Southampton.
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN THE STCW PERSONAL SURVIVAL TECHNIQUES (PST) COURSE:
- 1 day of training
- Practical pool session
- Loan of a life jacket for the pool session
- Loan of an immersion suit for the pool session
- Sea Survival handbook
- STCW PST Certificate
- Free parking at the training centre
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE STCW PERSONAL SURVIVAL TECHNIQUES (PST) COURSE:
- Lunch (available to buy locally)
- Travel between the classroom and the pool. Most students car share. Be prepared to either drive, or contribute towards parking or a taxi as necessary.
BOOKING THE STCW PERSONAL SURVIVAL TECHNIQUES (PST) COURSE:
This course is part of the week long STCW Basic Safety Week or can be taken as a stand alone course.