CAN CHILDREN JOIN A RYA POWERBOAT COURSE?
Youth and Junior Powerboat course are a great introduction for young boaters, teaching them valuable seamanship, navigation and boat handling skills. Our two, entry-level powerboat courses, Level 1 and Level 2, are suitable for children as follows.
WHAT IS THE MINIMUM AGE FOR RYA POWERBOAT COURSES?
- Junior Powerboat courses (Level 1) are for 8-11 year olds
- Youth Powerboat courses (Level 1 & 2) are for 12-15 year olds
- Adult Powerboat Courses are for 16+ year old
- Family Powerboat Courses are for any combination of ages (over 7)
PRE REQUISITES FOR JUNIOR & YOUTH RYA POWERBOATING?
- Minimum age as above
- No experience required
- Water condiment
JUNIOR & YOUTH RYA POWERBOAT COURSE CONTENT
Children’s Powerboat Training courses are usually scheduled in school holidays. The course makes use of our tiller steered Rigiflex boats and our wheel steered RIBs, the group works through the same syllabus as the adult courses however the other students on board are of similar age and the Instructor pitches the course at the appropriate age group.
INCLUDED IN OUR RYA JUNIOR & YOUTH POWERBOAT COURSES:
- 1 or 2 days of instruction
- Use of our RIBs (rigid inflatable boats) and/or Rigiflex boats
- Loan of a personal flotation device
- RYA Powerboat Level 1 or 2 Certificate (as appropriate)
- RYA Start Powerboating Handbook (for the level 2 course)
NOT INCLUDED IN OUR KIDS POWERBOAT COURSES
- Wet weather gear (this can be hired for £5 a day)
- Lunch please bring a packed lunch
Own Boat Tuition
We can run this course on board your own boat instead of ours. We can train 1-3 powerboaters at a time and we can bespoke the course around your boat and your likely usage.
RYA CHILDREN’S POWERBOAT COURSE RATIOS
This course will run with no more than 3 students per boat/instructor, sometimes less.