RYA POWERBOAT ADVANCED COURSE OVERVIEW:
So, you want to go fast, travel at night and handle waves? The advanced course covers all this and a whole lot more. If you think it’s time you took your boat further afield or out in more challenging conditions, then this intensive two days should help bring you up to scratch.
RYA POWERBOAT ADVANCED COURSE DURATION:
2 days, including a planing speed, night navigation exercise on the first evening.
DAY 1 HOURS
- Day 1 Start Time- 0930
- Day 1 Finish Time- 3 to 4 hours after dusk (2000 in December, much later in June)
DAY 2 HOURS
- Winter – 0930 to 1700
- Summer – A shorter day as we will have covered more of the syllabus the preceding day
RYA POWERBOAT ADVANCED COURSE PRE REQUISITES:
- RYA Powerboat Level 2 (essential)
- RYA Intermediate Powerboat (desirable)
- Navigation knowledge up to RYA Yachtmaster Offshore Shorebased (essential)
- RYA First Aid or STCW Elementary First Aid (essential)
- RYA SRC or higher GMDSS cert (essential)
RYA POWERBOAT ADVANCED COURSE CONTENT:
The course includes GPS navigation, advanced boat handling, planning-speed navigation, night navigation, rough weather handling and search patterns.
RYA POWERBOAT ADVANCED COURSE RATIO:
Maximum of three students per boat and per instructor.
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN THE RYA POWERBOAT ADVANCED COURSE?
- 2 days and a night of instruction
- Use of one of our RIBs
- Loan of a life jacket and light
- RYA Advanced Powerboat Certificate
- Free (on street) parking
- Tea & Coffee
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED IN THE RYA POWERBOAT ADVANCED COURSE?
- Wet weather gear (can be hired for £5 a day)