POWERBOAT INTERMEDIATE COURSE AIMS:
To learn the skills required to plan and complete coastal passages by day and to develop new boat handling skills.
POWERBOAT INTERMEDIATE COURSE DURATION:
2 days, 0930 to 1700
POWERBOAT INTERMEDIATE COURSE PRE REQUISITES:
- RYA Powerboat Level 2 Certificate (essential)
- RYA SRC or higher level GMDSS cert (recommended)
- RYA First Aid (recommended)
- RYA Dayskipper Shorebased or RYA Essential Navigation & Seamanship (useful)
POWERBOAT INTERMEDIATE COURSE CONTENT:
During this course you will plan and undertake coastal passages, making use of both GPS and traditional navigation. We cover subjects such as chartwork, the compass rose, direction, distance and methods of position fixing, tides, weather, GPS navigation and planning navigation. You will practice skills including; berthing between piles, Mediterranean moorings, entering and leaving locks and alternative person overboard techniques.
POWERBOAT INTERMEDIATE COURSE RATIOS:
Maximum of three students per boat and per instructor.
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN THE POWERBOAT INTERMEDIATE COURSE:
- 2 days of instruction
- Use of one of our RIBs
- Loan of a life jacket
- RYA Intermediate Powerboat Certificate
- Free (on street) parking
- Tea & Coffee
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED IN THE POWERBOAT INTERMEDIATE COURSE:
- Wet weather gear (can be hired for £5 a day)