RYA SRC ASSESSOR COURSE AIMS:
The aim of the SRC Assessor course is to equip you to;
- Instruct the RYA Short Range Certificate Course
- Instruct the RYA Short Range Certificate Online Course
- Assess the RYA Short Range Certificate Exam
HOW LONG IS THE RYA SRC ASSESSOR COURSE?
Two days (plus some pre course work)
WHAT ARE THE PRE REQUISITES TO BECOME A RYA SRC ASSESSOR?
- Minimum age 18
- RYA Short Range Certificate or higher GMDSS marine radio operator’s certificate
- RYA SRC course (online or classroom) within the last five years (Recommended)
- RYA/MCA Yachtmaster Offshore Certificate of Competence or RYA Advanced Powerboat Instructor OR prior approved alternative qualifications that imply the candidate has credibility as an experienced boater.
- RYA Teaching in the Classroom (TiC) or Level 3 Award in Education & Training (or higher level UK Teaching Award
- RYA Membership
- Expected to be familiar with the operation of Class D radios and radio equipment typically carried in GMDSS area A1
RYA SRC ASSESSOR
The SRC Assessor course is a classroom-based course comprising of training and assessment. There will be discussions surrounding the running of RYA Short Range Certificate courses, the syllabus, equipment required and resources available. The programme below is for guidance and may change slightly
|Day 1||Day 2|
|GMDSS Revision||Candidates Sessions & Debriefs|
|Distress working||Review of the SRC written examinations|
|Practical use of training sets||Practical assessment|
|Online marine radio course|
|Urgency and safety alerts|
|Navtex, EPIRBs and SARTS|
|Teaching voice training|
|Written SRC examination|
WHAT IS INCLUDED ON THE RYA SRC ASSESSOR COURSE?
- Pre Course Reading
- 2 days of training/assessment
- Use of our live Class A and D VHF sets
- Use of our live Navtex sets
- Use of our SARTs, EPIRBs, PLBs, HH VHF and antennas
- Use of our computer simulators
- RYA SRC Course Notes
- Tea & Coffee
- Free (on street) parking
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED ON THE RYA SRC ASSESSOR
RYA SRC ASSESSOR
RYA SRC Assessor Training takes place with up-to 6 candidates per Trainer. The RYA does not sanction 1:1 Instructor courses.
HOW LONG IS THE RYA SRC ASSESSOR
5 years. After 5 years an Instructor revalidation is required.
BOOKING THE RYA SRC ASSESSOR COURSE:
Bookings are taken and managed by the RYA at RYA Instructor Courses and Revalidations