OFFSHORE SURVIVAL REFRESHER COURSE OVERVIEW:
If you have previously taken a two-day ISAF/World Sailing Offshore Safety Course and RYA Sea Survival Course and your certificate has expired (after five years) then this one day refresher course will qualify you for a further five years.
The course refreshes both the Sea Survival and ISAF/World sailing Offshore Safety components of the two-day course. This training satisfies World Sailing Offshore Special Regulations 6.01 and 6.02 and is required by crew participating in Cat 0, 1 & 2 offshore races (and certain crew on Cat 3 races)
To our knowledge, our lead Survival Instructor was the first Instructor in the UK to deliver this course.
OFFSHORE SURVIVAL REFRESHER COURSE DURATION:
1 day – 0930 to 1700 hrs.
OFFSHORE SURVIVAL REFRESHER COURSE PRE REQUISITES:
- An existing ISAF Offshore Safety Certificate (taken about 5 years ago or more)
- An existing RYA Sea Survival Certificate (any date)
OFFSHORE SURVIVAL REFRESHER COURSE CONTENT:
- Changes in the Offshore Special Regulations (last five years)
- Changes to the IRPCS (last five years)
- Life raft and life jacket update
- Changes in safety equipment
- Update to distress calling by voice
- Fleet trackers
- Practical life raft session refresher (two-hour pool session)
- Practical flare Session (live firing)
- Lessons learnt from fatal accidents and incidents in offshore races
- Changes in UK SAR
- Changes in meteorological services
- Fire fighting refresher
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN OUR OFFSHORE SURVIVAL REFRESHER COURSE:
- A day of training
- Two hour pool session with use of life raft
- Live flare session
- Loan of a life jacket for the pool session
- World Sailing Offshore Safety Certificate (valid for 5 years)
- Tea & Coffee
- Free parking
The pool is off site and we ask students to car share between the centre and the pool to reduce the amount of unnecessary traffic. You may have to pay or contribute towards car parking at the pool (2.5-3 hrs).