JET SKIS (PWC) INSTRUCTOR TRAINING FOR SUPER YACHTS
RYA PWC Instructor Training onboard superyacht in Palma, Antibes, Nice, Barcelona, Monaco, France, Italy, Spain, in fact we will fly to any port to train your crew.
JET SKIS (PWC) TRAINING ON BOARD SUPER YACHTS
Super Yachts carry PWC (Personal Watercraft) onboard for the use of owners and charter guests. Captains and agents are however uneasy about charter guests using the PWC due to two main reasons:
- Some ports and nations require riders to be licensed
- A liability issue arises if there is an accident involving PWC
THE RYA SOLUTION FOR SUPER-YACHTS
Since 2007 and in response to a request for help from the Super Yacht Industry, The Royal Yachting Association (RYA) will accredit a super-yacht to become an RYA Training Centre. Recognised Super yachts can then deliver a one hour PWC Safety Course to their guests and issue them with a certificate (temporary licence).
THE RYA PWC SAFETY CERTIFICATE
The certificate qualifies the holder to drive a PWC, while safety cover is provided by the yacht’s crew. It lasts for the duration of the charter, has the holder’s passport photo on it and is translated into six different languages on the back.
HOW DOES A SUPER YACHT REGISTER?
Step 1 is for at least one of the crew to become a RYA PWC Instructor
Step 2 is to put the necessary procedures in place to be inspected
Step 3 is to be visited by a RYA Centre Inspector.
WHAT IS REQUIRED TO BECOME A RYA PWC INSTRUCTOR?
- You must hold the RYA PWC Proficiency Certificate (1 day Course)
- You require an in date First Aid Certificate (STCW Elementary First Aid in the last 5 years is sufficient)
- You must be a competent PWC rider
- You need to attend a 3 day RYA PWC Instructor Course
- RYA Membership
HOW CAN CHIEFTAIN TRAINING HELP?
We provide all of the necessary training and, if required, can also provide a consultancy service to ensure you gain RYA Recognition. We run all of these courses regularly from our Southampton Centre but better than that we can fly our trainers out to you, to train your crew on board your yacht. We recommend training several of your crew at once: not only is this more cost effective but it means that if the qualified PWC Instructor leaves the crew, the yacht does not lose its RYA recognition as it still has other RYA qualified PWC Instructors.
The Full Package (Training and Consultancy)
- Desk top study done from the UK in preparation for recognition application
- 4 days of onboard training for your crew
- Consultancy from Doug Innes on how to become RYA accredited. We write your safety procedures and risk assessments for you and help you put relevant systems in place
- We take care of your RYA application and book an inspector
- Optional First Aid training for anyone who is out of date
Requirements for Training to take place on board your yacht
You will need to provide the following:
- PWC’s (ideally two or more)
- Safety boat / RIB / Rescue tender that can be used during the course
- Impact vests for crew and trainers
- A dry teaching area on board your yacht
- Basic safety kit on board the PWC’s and safety boat
- Accommodation (local or on board) and meals for our trainers
- Cost of travel to and from the yacht
Fees for onboard Superyacht PWC Training
For a quote please visit Superyacht Onboard PWC Training Quote Request