The Chieftain Training Professional Powerboat Skipper & Instructor programme takes semi experienced power-boaters and makes them highly employable. It builds on our Professional Powerboat Skipper Foundation Module and many students will book the two modules together.
If you are fed up with the office and looking for a change in career, then maybe a career as a powerboat skipper and/or teaching power boating could be for you. This 3 week intensive course develops your powerboat, seamanship and navigation skills and then teaches you how to deliver these courses to other people.
By the end of this programme successful candidates become qualified to instruct RYA Powerboat Level 1, Level 2, RYA ICC and CEVNI. They will also be qualified to skipper commercial RIBs and workboatss, with up to 12 passengers on board, up to 20 miles offshore by day and night in any weather.
Students from this course become fully trained and qualified to skipper commercial vessels and under the MCA Codes of Practice and to instruct at RYA Powerboat Training Centres. These qualifications are respected both here in the UK and the world over. The RYA is by far the largest powerboat training organisation on the planet. Throughout your time with us, there will be various assessments of your skills and we will work hard to ensure you are well equipped to pass the various courses.
The Fast-Track Professional Powerboat Skipper & Instructor Programme course consists of seventeen days of contact time. There will be several evenings afloat developing night navigation skills. This programme naturally follows on from the Professional Powerboat Skipper Foundation Programme and can be run consecutively with this course if required. If you would prefer to break the module(s) into several chunks and spread them over a longer time period, this is possible by arrangement.
The Fast-Track Sports Boat Instructor course is a comprehensive training course that qualifies candidates to a high level in a short period of time. For this reason, there are certain pre-requisites to attending the training:
- You should be a minimum age of 18
- Students must have successfully completed the Professional Powerboat Skipper Foundation Programme (or have gained similar experience and qualifications via different means)
- Powerboat experience spread over at least 5 seasons OR powerboat experience spread over 2 years, including 1 full time season of driving, (exact level to be discussed with our Principal or Chief Instructor)
This course is a comprehensive training package incorporating many shorter courses. During the programme, candidates will complete the following courses:
- RYA Radar
- RYA Yachtmaster Offshore Shorebased
- RYA Advanced Powerboat
- RYA Diesel
- RYA Powerboat Instructor Skills Test
- RYA Powerboat Instructor
- RYA/MCA Advanced Certificate of Competence
- The marine industry
- Applying for work & CV Writing
The comprehensive Fast-Track Sports Boat Instructor programme includes:
- All of the above training
- Certification (unless detailed below)
- Use of our RIBs
- Loan of a life jacket
- 2 RYA Training Charts
- RYA Yachtmaster Shorebased Handbook
- RYA Yachtmaster Shorebased Exercises publication
- RYA Radar Course Notes
- RYA Diesel Course Notes
- Free parking at our Training Centre
- Tea & Coffee
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED:
As part of the programme, there will be some licence and membership fees payable directly to the external governing bodies of the courses, including:
- RYA Membership
- RYA Advanced Exam Fee
- RYA Commercial Endorsement Fee (not required if you hold this fom the Foundation module)
- Meals and accommodation
- Wet weather gear (hire ours for £35 for all practical elements)
CIEH Food safety At Sea (required if you are likely to be serving food to guests)
IS THIS COURSE FOR ME?
If you are considering a career skippering a powerboat or teaching power boating and want to gain the necessary qualifications in a short period of time, this is the course for you.