This course is designed to refresh basic fire fighting knowledge and to enhance the skills of the student in leadership and organization of teams of personnel. Each student must take charge of a team and/or area of operations during an exercise.
- STCW Fire Prevention & Fire Fighting
- Minimum age 18
Training and certification is provided by an external MCA Approved Training Provider using their own accreditation.
During the 4 days of the course students will be trained and continually assessed on the following practical areas;
- Fire fighting
- Control of injured persons
Additional theory subjects include;
- Ventilation control
- Hazards involving dangerous goods
- Liaison with shore-based firefighters
- The effects of fire fighting water on ship stability.
This course is a practical and classroom based training course. Students will gain competence and knowledge with focus on controlling fire fighting operations on board ship, organising & training fire parties, fixed systems and fire investigations. This is provided with essential education and training to meet the knowledge, understanding and proficiency set out in the STCW table A-VI/3
- 4 Days of Training and Assessment
- STCW Advanced Fire Fighting Certificate
- Free Parking
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED: