STCW COURSES RUN FROM WOOLSTON, SOUTHAMPTON
- STCW Personal Survival Techniques (PST) –
- STCW Elementary First Aid (EFA) Courses
- STCW GMDSS Restricted Operator Certificate (ROC)
- STCW GMDSS General Operator Certificate (GOC)
are run from Woolston, Southampton and detailed in the Shorebased Course Joining Instructions
All OTHER STCW courses are run from Fire Aid (see below).
The Joining Instructions below cover the following STCW courses
- STCW Personal Safety & Social Responsibilities (PSSR)
- STCW Proficiency in Security Awareness (PSA)
- STCW Fire Prevention & Fire Fighting
- STCW Medical First Aid (MFA)
- STCW Advanced Fire Fighting (AFF)
- STCW Proficiency in Survival Craft & Rescue Boats (PSCRB)
- STCW HELM Operational (HELMO)
- STCW Updates
If you course is not listed above then you probably need one of the following pages instead
- Shorebased Course Joining Instructions
- Powerboat Course Joining Instructions
- Instructor Course Joining Instructions
- E-Learning / Online Courses Joining Instructions
WHERE (STCW COURSES)
STCW Courses (other than PST, EFA, ROC and GOC) normally meet at Fire Aid, Hythe (near Southampton). The postcode is SO45 6HE. Directions and public transport recommendations can be found at https://chieftain.training/where-is-fire-aid/
TIMINGS & REGISTRATION (STCW COURSES)
Registration starts promptly at 0830, however the centre is open before then if you are early and would like a tea or coffee. Most courses finish around 1700 or a little earlier.
Please bring original national photo identification with you for verification by the Training Facilitator. This can be a current Passport, Driving Licence, or Seaman’s Discharge Book. This is an essential requirement and you will be unable to participate if one of these is not available for verification.
If you are issued with a security pass for entrance to the site, be aware that there will be a £20 charge if this is lost or not returned on your final day.
MEALS ON STCW COURSES
Please bring a packed lunch. Food is available to buy locally.
PRE REQUISITES FOR STCW COURSES
Some courses have pre requisites, these are not optional, they are requirements. If you are unsure what they are please check back against the relevant product page (the links in the list of courses at the top of this page).
WHAT TO BRING FOR STCW COURSES
- Current national ID- one of
- Driving Licence
- Seaman’s Discharge book
- Note Pad & Pen
- Existing Certificate if you are attending an update
- Warm clothes for all courses which include outdoor sessions
- Wear Loose comfortable clothing for the classroom
- If additional equipment is required for specific courses it is detailed in each course section below
We ask that you wear casual clothes for these training courses. We recommend that you do not bring any valuables with you, as neither Chieftain Training or Fire Aid will be held responsible for any items lost, stolen or damaged during your course
PRE COURSE PREPARATION FOR STCW COURSES
Prior to attending the course please complete both of the PFDs linked below
Completed forms should be sent to email@example.com, this will save considerable admin time being wasted o the first morning.
CERTIFICATION FOR STCW COURSES
Certification is issued at the discretion of Fire Aid and is conditional on 100% attendance and successfully completing any assessments.
TERMS & CONDITIONS