WHO REQUIRES THE RYA POWERBOAT INSTRUCTOR RE MODERATION OR RE ASSESSMENT?
This one day course/assessment is suitable for three separate groups of Instructor Candidates.
- Re Moderation- (if you received an action plan on your original PBI course).
- Re Assessment (if you are unable to revalidate your PBI qualification as you have expired and/or you do not have the necessary minimum hours).
- YMI Conversion (if you are already a Yachtmaster Instructor (Power) with relevant open boat experience you can attend a one day course instead of our standard 4 day Powerboat Instructor Course).
HOW LONG IS THE RYA POWERBOAT INSTRUCTOR RE ASSESSMENT?
- Re Moderation- Between half a day and a day
- Re Assessment- One day
- YMI Conversion- One day
WHAT ARE THE PRE REQUISITES TO THE RYA POWERBOAT INSTRUCTOR ASSESSMENT?
- YMI Power or PBI (expired) or PBI Action plan
- RYA First Aid Certificate or equivalent (essential)
- RYA Membership
WHAT IS COVERED ON THE RYA POWERBOAT INSTRUCTOR RE ASSESSMENT?
The exact itinerary will vary depending upon your personal action plan, however you can expect to teach a practical session from the Level 2 course.
You will be asked to deliver a coupe of practical session and a shorebased talk from the Level 2 syllabus.
The trainer will check your boat handling skills are up to Instructor standard. You will also be asked to teach some pre prepared sessions. The trainer will provide guidance on delivering Powerboat level 2 courses
WHAT’S INCLUDED ON THE RYA POWERBOAT INSTRUCTOR RE MODERATION?
- 1 day of training/assessmment
- Use of our RIBs
- Loan of a life jacket
- Free (on street) parking
- Tea & Coffee
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED ON THE RYA POWERBOAT INSTRUCTOR RE MODERATION?
- Wet weather gear (£5 per day to hire)