RYA POWERBOAT INSTRUCTOR COURSE AIMS:
To equip new instructors with the skills and knowledge required to enable them to teach the RYA Powerboat Scheme at RYA centres in the UK and overseas.
RYA POWERBOAT INSTRUCTOR COURSE DURATION:
- Day 1 (am) – Powerboat Skills Refresher Training
- Day 1 (pm) – RYA Powerboat Instructor Skills Assessment
- Days 2, 3, 4 – Powerboat Instructor Course
If comparing us with another training centre please be aware that we include the half day Skills Assessment within this package and we provide an extra half day of training at the start. Our package is therefore 4 days. While this is slightly longer than most training centres we believe it helps us ensure we maintain an exceptionally high pass rate and produce good quality Powerboat Instructors.
RYA POWERBOAT INSTRUCTOR PRE REQUISITES:
- RYA Powerboat Instructor Skills Assessment, completed on the first day of this package
- RYA First Aid Certificate or equivalent (essential)
- RYA Powerboat Level 2 (essential)
- RYA Dayskipper Shorebased (desirable)
- RYA SRC (recommended)
- 5 years experience powerboating or one season full time (essential)
- Minimum age of 16 years
- Familiarity with a range of craft
- RYA Membership
RYA POWERBOAT INSTRUCTOR COURSE CONTENT:
WHAT’S INCLUDED ON THE RYA POWERBOAT INSTRUCTOR COURSE?
- Both the Powerboat Instructor Skills Assessment and the PBI course itself
- 4 days of Training
- Use of our RIBs
- Loan of a life jacket
- Free (on street) parking
- Tea & Coffee
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED ON THE RYA POWERBOAT INSTRUCTOR COURSE?
- Wet weather gear (£5 per day to hire)
RYA POWERBOAT INSTRUCTOR COURSE RATIO:
RYA Powerboat Instructor training takes place with 2-6 candidates on the course. The RYA does not sanction 1:1 Instructor courses. At anyone time there will be up to 3 candidates per boat.
WHY CHOOSE CHIEFTAIN TRAINING FOR THIS COURSE?:
Powerboat Instructor and Advanced Powerboat Instructor Courses are taught by Powerboat Trainers. We are one of the very few training centress in the world that has Two Advanced Powerboat Trainers on its staff. This means we can be much more flexible with training dates.
We have run a diverse range of powerboat courses. This means our Trainers can relate to the type of craft you will be using and the environment you will be working in. Our Instructor courses are run predominantly using our 6m and 7m RIBs, although we are also spend some time looking at teaching techniques for smaller tiller steered craft.