Our permanent staff are complimented by a small number of freelance instructors. Some are full time professionals, and some teach sailing powerboating and the associated theory courses in their spare time as a second job. The freelance instructors we use work with us regularly so they know our systems and they have out trust.
While we are not actively looking for new instructors, it is inevitable that we will require new staff from time to time, particularly during the busy months. If you are interested in working with us then you will need as an absolute minimum:
- A friendly and patient approach to instructing
- Extensive experience in the activity/field you instruct
- The appropriate instructor’s qualification
- Experience of instructing RYA, MCA, HSE or BSAC courses already
- A reference from at least one other organisation you have taught for (ideally from an RYA Principal)
- A current First Aid Certificate
- Agreement to undergo a DBS check if we require one
- UK/Euro nationality or appropriate work visa
We do not generally recruit newly qualified instructors (unless we have cherry picked them from our own Instructor Training Courses). We prefer instructors who have some good coaching experience and are now ready to develop further. We look for instructors who have a genuine background in, and love for, their sport gained over many years.
Freelance Instructors, looking for work should contact us on email@example.com, providing us with as much relevant information as possible.