HSE FIRST AID INSTRUCTOR COURSE OVERVIEW:
Once you have passed this course you will be able to advertise and run the following courses under our umbrella;
- HSE Emergency First Aid at Work (1 day or 6 hours)
- HSE First Aid at Work (3 day or 18 hours)
- HSE First Aid at Work Re-qualifier (2 day or 12 hours)
- Outdoor First Aid (2 day or 16 hours), subject to you having an appropriate background in the outdoors and having first taught at least 6 classroom based First Aid courses
You will be able to order books and certificates from us and will be provided with guidance from us. We will carry out quality assurance functions on your behalf.
HSE FIRST AID INSTRUCTOR COURSE DURATION:
One Day – 0930 to 1600
HSE FIRST AID INSTRUCTOR PRE REQUISITES:
One of the following;
- HSE First Aid at Work (within the last three years)
- Registerd & Licensed as a doctor with the general medical council
- Current registration as a nurse with the Nursing & Midwifery Council
- Current registration as a paramedic with the Health & Care Professions Council
And, one of the following;
- Level 3 Award in Education & Training (AET)
- Level 4 Certificate in Education & Training (CET)
- Level 5 Diploma in Education & Training (DET)
- Cert Ed, PGCE, B Ed, M Ed
- English National Board 998
- Further & Adult Education Teacher’s Certificate
- IHCD Instructional Methods OR Instructor Certificate
- Nursing mentorship qualifications
- PTLLS with unit “Principles & Practice of Assessment”
- S/NVQ Level 3 or Level 4 in Training and Development
- TQFE (Teaching Qualification for Further Education)
And teaching experience in a classroom setting;
- Exact experience to be discussed with our Principal before you book this training. In the first instance you should send us a CV covering all your teaching and First Aid related experience and qualifications. This course is not suitable for those who are new to teaching/instructing.
HSE FIRST AID INSTRUCTOR COURSE RATIO:
We run this course with up to 6 candidates per trainer, we will run with as few as 2 candidates.
HSE FIRST AID INSTRUCTOR COURSE CONTENT:
- HSE Courses syllabus
- Course administration
- Certificates & publications
- Delivering sessions
- Teaching techniques
- Assessing FAW courses
- Feedback and monitoring
About half of the day is delivered by us and about half concentrates on each candidate delivering a pre prepared lesson (sent to you in advance to prepare). The lesson is delivered to the trainer and fellow candidates.
CHIEFTAIN TRAINING HSE FIRST AID INSTRUCTORS FAQs
Once qualified as a Chieftain HSE First Aid Instructor what are the ongoing costs?
Once qualified by us, you will be able to set up your own courses and order materials from us. There is no annual registration fee or minimum order amount, however there are monitoring fees. The cost to you per learner, which includes a printed book and a digital certificate are as follows.
£11 EFAW (plus postage)
£15 FAW (plus postage)
£15 Outdoor FA (plus postage)
Every 5 years you will be required to attend a half-day Instructor Update Training course. Approximately half way between your initial course and your update course we need to observe you teaching. This is known as the mid term monitoring visit and will usually occur within 6 months of the the mid term dates (i.e the window is 12 months). If you happen to teach at one of our centres there is no costs for this, however if we need to send an observer to you there is obviously a cost;
£100 5-year update training (half day at our centre)
£100 mid-term monitoring visit to observe you teaching in your own setting (subject to additional travel costs and time of you are not local to us).
Can the certificates include my company name and branding?
Certificates are emailed to you in PDF format. Yes the digital certificate will feature your business name, and your logo in addition to Chieftain Training’s.
Is Chieftain Training’s HSE First Aid regulated by Ofqual or an Awarding body,
No we are not regulated by Ofqual or by an Awarding body/organisation. We run our own monitoring and quality assurance programme which complies with the HSE requirements.
Does Chieftain Training contact my clients
We do not market to your clients, however we will contact them in order to obtain course feedback and if we were to receive a complaint regarding a course you have taught. It is your job to contact your clients every few years to market a re qualifying courses to them.
Does Chieftain Training dictate a teaching ratio?
Yes, as an Instructor can teach up to 12 students on a course, there is no minimum number of students on the course.
What about insurance?
It is your responsibility to ensure that you or you employer has put in place public liability insurance for the courses you run. It is a condition of our scheme that you have insurance.