WHAT IS THE AIM OF COMMERCIAL POWERBOAT LEVEL 2 PROGRAMME?
Powerboat Level 2 (Commercial) training and certification will enable you to drive a small powered craft commercially in the UK on Coastal (and some inland) waters. It will also qualify you to drive a UK flagged commercial craft overseas. The basic qualification is known as the MCA / RYA Powerboat Level 2 Certificate of Competence or RYA Powerboat Level 2 with Commercial Endorsement or PB2 Commercial. This 5-day programme consists of the 5 modules required to attain that qualification.
HOW LONG IS THE COMMERCIAL POWERBOAT LEVEL 2 PROGRAMME?
5 days – 0915 to 1700 hrs. These are usually five consecutive days but can be broken up if required. Plus there is a short online course
WHAT ARE THE PRE REQUISITES FOR THE COMMERCIAL POWERBOAT LEVEL 2 ?
- Minimum age of 18 years
- ML5 or ENG1 medical by a Doctor*
- No previous experience required
*The ML5 Medical can be carried out by your GP: it takes about twenty minutes. Your GP will probably charge for this.
WHAT IS COVERED ON THE PB2 COMMERCIAL PROGRAMME?
This programme is effectively made up of 5 shorter courses, We dual certify your First Aid so you are qualified ashore as well as afloat. You therefore leave us with 6 certificates.
- RYA Powerboat Level 2
- RYA Short Range Certificate (SRC) (Classroom or online)
- PPR Professional Practices & Responsibilities (Online)
- STCW Personal Survival Techniques
- STCW Elementary First Aid
- HSE Emergency First Aid at Work EFAW
- 5 days instruction
- Fuel and RIB for the powerboat training
- Loan of a life jacket
- RYA Powerboat Level 2 Certificate
- STCW Elementary First Aid Certificate
- STCW Personal Survival Techniques Certificate
- RYA Start Powerboating Handbook
- First Aid Manual
- RYA Interactive Login
- RYA PPR Course
- Free on street parking at the centres
- Wet weather gear for the 2 days of powerboating (£5 per day to hire)
- RYA Short Range Certificate Exam Fee
- RYA Commercial Endorsement Fee
- Your medical See MSF4112 for blank form
- RYA ICC Power 10m (International Licence)
WHAT WILL I BE QUALIFIED TO DO AFTER THE COMMERCIAL POWERBOAT LEVEL 2?
- Skipper an open powerboat up to 24m commercially, up to 3 miles from a Nominated Departure Point, with up to 12 passengers by day and in favourable weather
- First Mate or Crew a powerboat commercially up to 24m, up to 20 miles from a safe haven, with up to 12 passengers by day or night
- First Mate or Crew a powerboat commercially up to 24m, up to 60 miles from a safe haven, with up to 12 passengers by day or night (relevant experience required)
- Operate a Class D Marine VHF set anywhere in the world
- Fulfil responsibilities as a First Aider