STCW PDSD AIMS
STCW PDSD Proficiency in Designated Security Duties (full name is STCW Proficiency for Seafarers with Designated Security Duties) is for new and experienced crew who have a designated security duty and are required to comply with the ISPS Code. Full details can be found on the IMO website at ISPS Code. Most super-yachts, workboats and ships require crew to hold this certificate, which is a higher level than the half day STCW Proficiency in Security Awareness.
1 day, 0900 – 1800.
STCW PDSD PRE REQUISITES
- Minimum age 16 years (your ID is checked on arrival at the centre)
- It is helpful for you to have some basic knowledge of life on a ship
- No medical fitness requirements required for this course
- You are NOT required to have previously taken the STCW Proficiency in Security Awareness.
STCW PDSD COURSE CONDITIONS:
This course is coming soon, in 2024.
STCW PDSD COURSE CONTENT:
Students will be involved in discussion, role play and a practical session on conducting a search. The syllabus includes;
- International Ship & Port Facility Security Code (ISPS)
- Ship’s security roles and responsibilities of organisations and individuals
- Security risks, threats and vulnerability to the ship, its personnel, cargo and operations
- Capabilities and limitations of security methods, equipment & systems
- Ship’s security plan
- Maintain the effectiveness of security arrangements, procedures and equipment
- The 3 security levels
Assessment is continual and backed with a short multiple choice paper at the end; certification is usually issued on the day.
- 1 day of Training (and assessment)
- STCW Proficiency for Seafarers with Designated Security Duties Certificate
- STCW PDSD Course handbook
- Tea & Coffee
- Free Parking
- Meals and accommodation
HOW LONG DOES THE STCW PDSD DESIGNATED SECURITY DUTIES CERTIFICATE LAST?
Recognised all over the world, the STCW Proficiency in Security Duties certificate does not expire. It lasts indefinitely.