Since the STCW Manilla Amendments came into force the holders of certain STCW certificates are required to attend 5 yealy update training. There are four STCW courses we offer which require updates;
- Personal Survival Techniques (PST)
- Fire Prevention & Fire Fighting (FPFF)
- Advanced Fire Fighing (AFF)
- Proficency in Survival Craft & Rescue Boats (PSCRB)
UPDATE COURSE DURATION:
- UPST- Half Day
- UFPFF- One Day
- UAFF- One Day (or half day, see pre requisites)
- UPSCRB- One Day
- Minimum age 18.
- You should hold the original certificate (i.e. to update PST then you should hold the PST certificate).
- UPST candidates must hold the relevent sea time/onboard training and be able to self declare (see MSN1865). If you are unable to self declare then simply book the full one day PST course.
- UAFF candidates can shorten their one day update training to a half day if they can self declare that they have the relevent sea time with onboard training (see MSN1865)
Each of these four courses refreshes key life saving content and updates you on any important changes that ahave occured, each couse includes a practical session as well as classroom time.
The courses ares a mixture of theory and practical sessions.
- Training and Assessment
- Course Manual
- Parking at the training centre (may be a small charge at the pool)
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED: