Since the STCW Manilla Amendments came into force the holders of certain STCW certificates are required to attend 5 yealy update training. There are four STCW courses we offer which require updates, echo one is one-day;
- Personal Survival Techniques (PST)
- Fire Prevention & Fire Fighting (FPFF)
- Advanced Fire Fighing (AFF)
- Proficiency in Survival Craft & Rescue Boats (PSCRB)
If you have First Aid responsibilities onboard (this includes all RYA commercial endorsement holders) then you will additionally need to update your First Aid (also one day)
- Minimum age 18.
- You should hold the original certificate (i.e. to update FPFF then you should hold the FPFF certificate).
- UAFF candidates can shorten their one day update training to a half day if they can self declare that they have the relevent sea time with onboard training (see MSN1865)
Each of these courses refreshes key life saving content and updates you on any important changes that have occurred, each course includes a practical session as well as classroom time.
The courses ares a mixture of theory and practical sessions.
- Training and Assessment
- Course Manual
- Parking at the training centre (may be a small charge at the pool)
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED: