STCW UPDATE TRAINING
STCW Update Training is required every 5 years for the following certificates.
- Personal Survival Techniques (PST)
- Medical Care (PMC)
- Fire Prevention & Fire Fighting (FPFF)
- Advanced Fire Fighing (AFF)
- Proficiency in Survival Craft & Rescue Boats (PSCRB)
STCW ELEMENTARY FIRST AID UPDATE
If you have First Aid responsibilities onboard (this includes all RYA commercial endorsement holders) then you will additionally need to update your First Aid (also one day)
STCW UPDATE TRAINING PRE REQUISITES:
- Minimum age 18.
- You should hold the original certificate (i.e. to update STCW FPFF then you should hold the STCW FPFF certificate).
- UAFF candidates can shorten their one day update o a half day if they can self declare that they have the relevant sea time with onboard training (see MSN1865)
Each of these courses refreshes key life saving content and updates you on any important changes that have occurred, each update course includes a practical session as well as classroom time.
STCW UPDATE COURSE PROGRAMME
The courses ares a mixture of theory and practical sessions.
- Training and Assessment
- Course Manual
- Parking at the training centre
BOOKING STCW UPDATE COURSES
Click the following course links
- PST (repeat the 1 day course)
- Elementary First Aid (repeat the 1 day course)
- Medical Care Update (3 day update course)
For the following update courses use the calendar below
- Fire Prevention & Fire Fighting (1 day update)
- Advanced Fire Fighting (1 day update)
- PSCRB (1 day update)
If yo have mislaid your PSCRB certificate the following can be accepted as alternatives to allow you entry onto the PSCRB Update course
- Able Seafaer Deck Regulation II/5 or
- AB Certificate of Competence issued under the AB Regulation 1970
There is no alternative to lost certificates for the other update.