WHAT IS THE LRC SATELLITE MODULE?
HOW LONG IS THE LONG RANGE RANGE CERTIFICATE (LRC) SATELLITE MODULE?
The LRC Satellite Module or Satellite Endorsement training and exam takes a day. This is separate and in addition to the 4 days required to complete the LRC Course.
WHAT ARE THE LRC SATELLITE MODULE PRE REQUISITES?
- Hold a UK Long Range Certificate
- Still be familiar with the content of the Long Range Certificate
- Bring 4 passport photos
- Minimum age 18
WHAT IS COVERED ON THE LRC SATELLITE MODULE COURSE?
The course will provide an overview of GMDSS and non GMDSS satellite options for mariners. You will make use of our Transas Simulators to learn the practical use of both Inmarsat Sat-C and Fleet Broadband. You will practice both parts of the satellite module exam.
There are two components to the exam;
- Written Paper – Two written questions and eight short multiple choice questions
- Practical Exam – Demonstrate use of the Inmarsat C equipment on a simulated voyage
The exam takes place late afternoon/early evening on the same day as your training, finish times vary depending on the number of candidates.
- Use of our Transas 5000 satellite simulators
- 1 day of training and exam
- Course Notes
- Tea and coffee
- Free parking
WHAT RATIO IS THE GMDSS SATELLITE MODULE TAUGHT AT:
AMERC and the MCA set a maximum ratio of 12 candidates to 1 instructor. We smash that by choosing to limit this course to 8 students, we will even run the course with as few as 2 students, (or 1:1 for bespoke courses).
BOOKING THE LRC SATELLITE MODULE
If the dates below do not suit you we can set up a bespoke 1:1, 2:1 or group course at a time that suits you.