CAN MY WHOLE FAMILY LEARN POWER BOATING TOGETHER?
Yes, If you are going to enjoy power boating as a family then it makes sense to learn together. We will always accommodate a family group wherever we can. A family group gets a whole boat (or two) to themselves.
WHAT IS THE MINIMUM AGE FOR RYA POWERBOAT COURSES?
- Junior Powerboat courses (Level 1) are for 8-11 year olds
- Youth Powerboat courses (Level 1 & 2) are for 12-15 year olds
- Adult Powerboat Courses are for 16+ year olds
- Family Powerboat Courses are for any combination of ages (over 7)
WHAT ARE THE PRE REQUISITES FOR A FAMILY POWERBOAT COURSE?
- Minimum age 8.
- No experience required.
FAMILY RYA POWERBOAT COURSE FORMAT
Over two days you and your family will lean how to drive and crew a small powerboat together. This can take place as own boat tuition or on our boats.
The standard course is two days. We will teach up to 3 of you per boat but are happy to set up a course with multiple boats for families of 2-9 people. Over 11s will attain the RYA Powerboat Level 2 and 8-11 years olds will attain the RYA Powerboat Level 1.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN OUR FAMILY POWERBOAT COURSES:
- 2 days of instruction
- Exclusive use of our RIBs (rigid inflatable boats) and/or Rigiflex boats
- Loan of a lifejacket
- RYA Powerboat Level 2 Certificate (for over 11s)
- RYA Powerboat Level 1 Certificate (as 8-11s)
- RYA Start Powerboating Handbook
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED IN OUR FAMILY POWERBOAT COURSE:
- Wet weather gear (this can be hired for £5 a day)
- Lunch- please bring a packed lunch
OPTIONAL RYA POWERBOAT LEVEL 2 COURSE EXTRAS:
Own Boat Tuition
We can run this course on board your own boat instead of ours. We can train 1-3 powerboaters at a time and we can bespoke the course around your boat and your likely usage.
FAMILY RYA POWERBOAT RATIOS:
This course will run with no more than 3 students per boat/instructor, sometimes less. Multiple boats are available for larger families.
BOOKING THE FAMILY RYA POWERBOAT COURSE:
Due to the bespoke nature of this course, please contact us to discuss numbers, dates and prices.