RYA DIESEL ENGINE INSTRUCTOR COURSE AIMS:
The RYA Diesel Engine Instructor Course (aka RYA Diesel Engine Maintenance Instructor Course) equips new instructors with the skills and knowledge required to enable them to teach the RYA Diesel Engine Course at RYA centres in the UK and overseas.
One day (plus some pre course work)
WHAT ARE THE PRE REQUISITES TO BECOME A RYA DIESEL ENGINE MAINTENANCE INSTRUCTOR?
- Minimum age 18
- RYA Diesel Engine course certificate (or higher marine engineering qualification, such as the MCA Approved Engine Course)
- RYA Yachtmaster Offshore Certificate of Competence or an RYA Instructor certificate in a practical discipline
- RYA Teaching in the Classroom (TiC) or Level 3 Award in Education & Training (or higher level UK Teaching Award or IMO Train the Trainer 6.01
- RYA Membership
- Good knowledge of the operation and maintenance of marine diesel engines. Candidates who come from an automotive background should be familiar with both direct and indirect marine cooling systems and salt water filtration.
Be prepared to participate fully in discussions with the Trainer and other delegates and to participate in the lessons given by your peers. Your subject knowledge will be tested thoroughly to ensure you have the requisite depth and breadth of knowledge.
You will have the opportunity to deliver your pre prepared 15 minute lesson. You may be asked to deliver a five-minute talk on any aspect of the syllabus You will be asked to complete a written assessment paper that covers any aspect of the diesel engine course syllabus. This test is part of the course assessment criteria.
- Pre Course Reading
- 1 day of training/assessmment
- Use of our resources and extensive training workshop
- RYA Diesel Course Notes
- Tea & Coffee
- Free (on street) parking
- Meals & Accommodation
RYA DIESEL ENGINE INSTRUCTOR COURSE RATIO:
RYA Instructor training takes place with up-to 6 candidates per Trainer. The RYA does not sanction 1:1 Instructor courses.
HOW LONG IS THE RYA DIESEL ENGINE INSTRUCTOR CERTIFICATE VALID FOR?
5 years. After 5 years an Instructor revalidation is required.
WHY TAKE COURSE AT CHIEFTAIN TRAINING?
Our Southampton training centre boasts one of the best RYA training workshops in the world. Our fleet of training engines includes;
|Brand||Horse Power||Size||Model||Typical Usage|
|Volvo Penta||18 HP||2 cylinder||MD 2002||24-29 foot sailing yachts|
|Yanmar||36 HP||3 cylinder||3JH2||30-40 foot sailing yachts|
|Perkins||135 HP||6 cylinder||Perkins 635||Workboats & large yachts|
|Perkins (pair)||175 HP each||6 cylinder||Perkins 6354||Larger workboats & large yachts|
|Volvo Penta||200 HP||6 cylinder||TAMD-B||Larger workboats & planing motor yachts|
BOOKING THE RYA DIESEL ENGINE INSTRUCTOR COURSE:
Bookings are taken and managed by the RYA at RYA Instructor Courses and Revalidations