RYA PWC PROFICIENCY OVERVIEW
The RYA Personal Watercraft PWC Proficiency course (Jetski Training Course) is aimed at first time and experienced riders alike. Increasingly the certificate is required for launching in UK harbours; it may also be needed if you want to drive jet skis abroad or work on board a super-yacht. Many insurance companies insist upon it before they will insure you and some lower their premiums if you hold it. The course provides a good grounding in jet ski techniques.
RYA PWC PROFICIENCY COURSE DURATION
1 Day 09:15 to 16:15
RYA PERSONAL WATERCRAFT PROFICIENCY TRAINING PRE REQUISITES
- Ability to swim at least 50m
- Minimum age 12 (we do not recommend under 16s drive a ski unsupervised)
- Reasonable physical fitness (this course is not suitable if you are pregnant or suffer from back problems. If you’re in doubt, please consult your GP).
RYA PWC PROFICIENCY COURSE CONTENT:
The jetski training day includes:
- Launching & Recovery
- Close quarter handling
- High speed handling
- Capsize drill
- Time trials
- After care
- Passage planning
- If you require the International European Licence (ICC), we can take care of that at the same time.
INCLUDED IN THE JETSKI COURSE
- Use of our skis (maximum of 2 students per jetski per day)
- RYA PWC Proficiency Certificate
- RYA PWC Handbook
- Loan of an impact vest
- Safety cover
- Free parking
NOT INCLUDED IN THE JET SKI COURSE
- Use of a wetsuit (£5 to hire from us for a day)
RYA PWC PROFICIENCY COURSE OPTIONAL EXTRAS:
BOOKING THE RYA PWC PROFICIENCY COURSE:
We can teach the Personal Watercraft Training Course either on our own skis or yours. The course runs several times a month. If the dates listed below are not convenient, please contact us as we may be able to arrange some dates to suit you, particularly if there is more than one of you.
WHY CHOOSE CHIEFTAIN TRAINING FOR THE PWC COURSE?
We run our PWC courses from Mariners Wharf on the Itchen River, just a short distance from Southampton Water and the Solent. This gives our students the opportunity to experience different conditions, rules and traffic regulations.