HSE EFAW EMERGENCY FIRST AID AT WORK
HSE EFAW Emergency First Aid at Work replaced the old HSE Appointed Person’s First Aid Course. This higher level course can be completed in the same amount of time (1 day).
This course syllabus was written by the HSE (Health & Safety Executive) for employees and is a requirement in most places of work in the UK.
- One Day or
- Two Evenings
HSE EFAW EMERGENCY FIRST AID AT WORK PRE REQUISITES:
HSE EFAW EMERGENCY FIRST AID AT WORK COURSE CONTENT:
Written by the HSE, the syllabus includes;
- The role of the first-aider
- The importance of preventing cross-infection
- The need for recording incidents and actions
- Use of available equipment
- Assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- Use of an AED
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is
- unconscious (including seizure);
- wounded and bleeding
- suffering from shock
- Provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters)
Our EFAW course also includes the following additional subjects above any beyond the HSE syllabus
- CPR for children
- CPR following drowning or near drowning
- Heart Attack
- Head Injuries
The certificate lasts for three years, after which you will need to take another one day course or upgrade to the full HSE First Aid at Work Qualification.
It is recommended (but not compulsory) that you complete refresher training annually.
- One day of First Aid Training
- First Aid Manual
- Emergency First Aid at Work Certificate (PDF sent by email following the course)
- Free parking
HSE EFAW EMERGENCY FIRST AID AT WORK OPTIONAL EXTRA:
Dual certify with the RYA First Aid Certificate at the same time for an additional £25 (takes an extra hour)
BOOKING THE EFAW HSE EMERGENCY FIRST AID AT WORK:
If the dates below are not convenient, we can arrange a bespoke 1:1, 2:1 or group course at a time that suits you. If you would like us to come to you and deliver the course to a big group at your work premises, then please contact us for a quote.
Please let us know in advance of the course if you require dual certification with the RYA First Aid certificate.
The Health and safety Executive (HSE) have provided advice on First Aid at Work