STCW PSA AIMS
STCW PSA Proficiency in Security Awareness training must be undertaken by all seafarers employed or engaged in any capacity on ships which are required to comply with the ISPS Code. This training/instruction must meet the requirements of Section A-VI/6 paragraph 4 of the amended STCW code. Full details can be found on the MCA website at MIN 472.
All superyacht’s require new crew to hold this certificate.
STCW PSA OVERVIEW:
The STCW Convention and Code, as amended by the Manila amendments (2010), contains new requirements regarding security training. This training is required by all personnel employed or engaged onboard ships to which the ISPS Code applies. These regulations came into force on 1st January 2012, however, Port State Control Officers were requested by IMO not to enforce this regulation until 1st January 2014 provided that the vessel otherwise complies with the ISPS code (see IMO circulars STCW Circ.7/16 and STCW Circ.7/17).
2 hours if taken as part of STCW Basic Safety Week or 4 hours (half day) if taken as a stand alone course.
STCW PSA PRE REQUISITES
As a STCW Basic Safety Training course there are no pre requesters other than;
- Minimum age 16 years (your ID is checked on arrival at the centre
- Students do not need to be fit to participate in any aspects of the course delivery however it is helpful for them to have some basic knowledge of life on a ship
Training is provided by an external MCA Approved Training Provider.
STCW PSA COURSE CONTENT:
The course provides necessary knowledge, understanding and proficiency to personnel intending to work on ships and super yachts who will not have any designated security duties.
- How to contribute to the enhancement of maritime security through heightened awareness
- How to recognise security threats
- Understanding the need for, and methods of maintaining security awareness and vigilance
- STCW Proficiency in Security Awareness Certificate
- Tea & Coffee
- Free Parking
BOOKING THE STCW PSA COURSE
This course is part of the week long STCW Basic Safety Week. If you need the full week then book the full week, if you need this as a stand alone course then book it as a stand alone course below.