AIMS OF THE OUTBOARD MAINTENANCE COURSE:
To acquaint owners and skippers of petrol outboard engines with basic fault-finding, fault rectification, owner servicing and maintenance.
OUTBOARD COURSE OVERVIEW:
This is one of our home-grown courses, written and developed by two of our Instructors over the last 15 years. It is aimed at both 2-stroke and 4-stroke petrol outboard engine users and is, where possible hands on.
OUTBOARD COURSE DURATION:
One day – 0930 to 1630
OUTBOARD COURSE PRE REQUISITES:
None, although some practical experience of power-boating and a general knowledge of boats is useful.
OUTBOARD COURSE CONTENT:
- The outboard engine (2 stroke and 4 stroke)
- Fault finding
- Routine cleaning and greasing
- Fuel system
- Propeller changing and care
- Changing gearbox oil
- Water pump inspection and changing
- Fresh water flushing
- Trailer electrics
- Open forum
OUTBOARD COURSE PROGRAMME:
The course is a mixture of classroom sessions and workshop sessions. (with more practical than theory). During the practical sessions you will work on our training engines.
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN OUR OUTBOARD MAINTENACE COURSE:
- 1 day of training
- Use of our tools and our training engines*
- Evinrude 60HP 2-stroke outboard engine
- Mariner 5HP 2-stroke outboard engine
- Mercury 4HP 2-stroke outboard engine
- Mariner 25/200HP 4-stroke outboard engine
- Chieftain Training Outboard Maintenance Certificate
- Tea & Coffee
- Free (on street) parking
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED IN OUR OUTBOARD MAINTENANCE COURSE:
* It is unlikely that your exact engine is in our classroom, however please be mindful that this course is not aimed at a specific engine and that we have selected a range of engines for our classroom that cover most of the common features.