Webinars

With the advent of lockdown a new type of course delivery has emerged in the RYA sector and as a dedicated RYA shorebased centre we have been at the front, leading the way.

For some time it has been well accepted that face to face classroom courses provide the best learning but online courses offer you flexibility and allow you to study from anywhere in the world. The webinar simply takes the best parts of both types of learning and combines them. Although technically online this Instructor led face to face style of learning is the closest we can get to the classroom while maintaining social distancing and saving you from travelling.

RYA Courses
RYA courses

The Instructor jumps between a live webcam, powerpoint, online quiz, on screen white board and chart-cam to bring you the same courses that previously you would have had to attend at our centre. We currently offer 8 RYA/CIEH courses by webinars and they are listed below. In most cases we were the first centre in the world to offer these programmes by webinar. If you are after a course not listed below ask us! We may well already be considering adding it to the portfolio.

Level 2 Food Safety at Sea Webinars

Accredited by the CIEH and accepted by the MCA as compliant with Maritime Labour Convention. Usually spread over 2 evenings. For details visit Level 2 Food Safety at Sea.

Maritime Labour Convention Food Safety Course
Yacht Food Preparation

World Sailing Offshore Survival Webinars

Required by offshore yachts race crews. 75% of the course is spread over 3 evenings now and the remaining 25% is delivered as a practical pool session later. Includes RYA Sea Survival. Both certificates are dated by the date of your pool session so no tim ie expiring between sessions.. For details visit World Sailing Offshore Survival webinars.

RYA Sea Survival Webinars

Half the course is delivered over one evening. The pool and flare session follow after lockdown.The certificate is dated by the date of your pool session. For details visit RYA Sea Survival.

TTT_Sea_Survival_40
Survival Training

RYA Ocean Yachtmaster Shorebased Webinars

10 weekday mornings. For details visit RYA Ocean Yachtmaster Shorebased.

RYA Yachtmaster Offshore Shorebased Webinars

Our longest webinar course so far (at 46 hours) spread over 10 weekday mornings, For details visit RYA Yachtmaster Offshore Shorebased.

RYA Day Skipper Shorebased Webinars

10 interactive mornings For details visit RYA Day Skipper Shorebased.

RYA Radar Webinar

This course includes a life time license to the LightMaster Radar Software (usually £60). The course runs over 2 evenings. For details visit RYA Radar.

RYA Radar Course
RYA Radar Course

RYA First Aid Update Webinars

One evening session, which will extend your existing RYA First Aid certificate by a further 12 months. We are unable to extend other First Aid certificates this way. For details visit RYA First Aid.

Webinar Requirements

In order to book any of our webinars you will require the following

  • A reasonable broadband connection
  • A room where you will not be disturbed by colleagues or household members
  •  Tablet or Computer. (We feel a smart phone screen is to small).
  • A webcam*

*the webcam is not strictly essential for most courses however it makes interaction between the Instructor and you much easier if you have one. Ii is a requirement for any CIEH courses.

Online RYA courses
Online RYA courses

 

 

 

 

%d bloggers like this: