LEVEL 5 EDUCATION & TRAINING AIMS:
This online course is ideal for those who are currently instructing/teaching and are seeking career progression in their area of work.
The course will explore underpinning theories, frameworks and research into effective teaching and learning alongside developing practical teaching skills.
LEVEL 5 EDUCATION & TRAINING DURATION:
This course has a mixture of guided hours and self study. You should expect to spend up to 1200 hours on it. You will have 12 months of access to the online learning platform. If you have not completed the course within 12 months you can extend (for a fee).
LEVEL 5 EDUCATION & TRAINING PRE REQUISITES:
- You must be in-service or delivering sessions voluntarily – you will be observed in your workplace setting
- Must have access to 100 hours of teaching
- Must be able to demonstrate their skills in numeracy and literacy at a Level 2 standard
- Good reading and writing skills in English
- You must be qualified/experienced in the subject you intend to teach
LEVEL 5 EDUCATION & TRAINING CONTENT:
The course is delivered through online learning where you have access to the units, assignments and learning materials associated with the course. You have 12 months access to the online learning platform where they may study entirely at your own pace. The course will be assessed by a combination of written assignments, a portfolio of teaching evidence and observation of teaching or training.
You will be observed for a total of 8 sessions (minimum 1 hour each) during the course to assess the practical elements of the qualification. The sessions can be done on any topic, preferably the subject that you specialise in. Observations should be carried out in a suitable environment (such as a school, training centre or a club) by a qualified teacher. Simulated teaching (such as used on Instructor courses) is not accepted at this level.
The seven units you must complete are:
- Theories, principles and models in education and training
- Developing teaching, learning and assessment in education and training
- Teaching, learning and assessment in education and training
- Wider professional practice and development in education and training
- Developing, using and organising resources in a specialist area
- Inclusive practice
- Teaching in a specialist area
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN LEVEL 5 EDUCATION & TRAINING:
- Unlimited tutor support – You will receive live personal tutor support throughout the duration of your course. Your highly-qualified tutor will be available from Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm via email and telephone.
- Rapid marking response – Submissions of work aim to be marked within 3 working days to ensure that you progress through your course as efficiently as possible.
- No deadlines – We do not impose any deadlines; you can complete the qualification entirely at your own pace throughout the duration of the course.
- Learning resources – A variety of learning materials, ranging from advice leaflets to PowerPoint presentations. These resources are accessible on the learning platform.
- Accredited certification – You will receive your accredited certificate and unit transcript free at no extra cost!
- Observations – You will also have access to an observer who can come out to your location at no extra cost (UK). This means that the practical aspects of your course can be completed, and you don’t have to worry about additional payments!
- Course units – All units and assignments are included within the price and can be accessed at any point during the 12 months access to the learning platform.
BOOKING THE LEVEL 5 EDUCATION & TRAINING:
You can book the course below, please ignore the date column.