LEVEL 4 EDUCATION & TRAINING AIMS:
This course has been designed to introduce teaching for individuals who would like to deliver pre-prepared material to a variety of learners within a chosen subject.
Aimed at those who have recently started a teaching/training role or wish to develop beyond the Level 3 Award in Education and Training (AET).
The Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training provides candidates with a fundamental understanding of the roles and responsibilities of a teacher/trainer in relation to meeting the needs of learners. It is a nationally recognised qualification which allows you to progress onto the Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training.
LEVEL 4 EDUCATION & TRAINING DURATION:
There are 140 guided learning hours for this course and you will be directed to additional study.
LEVEL 4 EDUCATION & TRAINING PRE REQUISITES:
- Must be in-service. All candidates will be required to complete a minimum of 30 teaching hours and three observations
- Must be able to demonstrate their skills in numeracy and literacy at a Level 2 standard
- Knowledge of the subject you wish to teach/deliver
- Minimum age 19
- Can demonstrate the ability to study at Level 4 (an academic style of writing using a recognised system of referencing)
There is no requirement to have previously completed the QNUK Level 3 Award in Education and Training (RQF), prior to commencing this qualification. However, if you have then you are exempted from the “Understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training.”
LEVEL 4 EDUCATION & TRAINING CONTENT:
The course will be assessed by a combination of written assignments, a portfolio of teaching evidence and observation of teaching or training.
As part of the course you’ll be observed for a total of 3 hours to assess the practical elements of the qualification. The observations should be completed within a suitable environment (such as a school, training centre or club) with a suitably qualified teacher. Simulation teaching is not permitted at this level.
The six units that all candidates must complete are:
- Understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training
- Planning to meet the needs of learners in education and training
- Delivering education and training
- Assessing learners in education and training
- Using resources for education and training
- Developing, using and organising resources in a specialist area
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN LEVEL 4 EDUCATION & TRAINING:
- Course Handbook
BOOKING THE LEVEL 4 EDUCATION & TRAINING:
You can book the course below, please ignore the date column.