LEVEL 4 EDUCATION & TRAINING AIMS:
This online course has been designed to introduce teaching for individuals who would like to deliver pre-prepared material to a variety of learners within a chosen subject.
Aimed at those who have recently started a teaching/training role or wish to develop beyond the Level 3 Award in Education and Training (AET).
The Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training provides candidates with a fundamental understanding of the roles and responsibilities of a teacher/trainer in relation to meeting the needs of learners. It is a nationally recognised qualification which allows you to progress onto the Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training.
LEVEL 4 EDUCATION & TRAINING DURATION:
There are 140 guided learning house for this course and you will be directed to additional study. You will have 12 months of access to the online learning platform. IF you have not completed the course you can extend (for a fee).
LEVEL 4 EDUCATION & TRAINING PRE REQUISITES:
- Must be in-service. All candidates will be required to complete a minimum of 30 teaching hours and three observations
- Must be able to demonstrate their skills in numeracy and literacy at a Level 2 standard
- Knowledge of the subject you wish to teach/deliver
There is no requirement to have previously completed the Level 3 Award in Education and Training prior to commencing this qualification. However, if you have then you are exemptedf rom the “Understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training.”
LEVEL 4 EDUCATION & TRAINING CONTENT:
The course is delivered through online learning where you have access to the units, assignments and learning materials associated with the course. You have 12 months access to the online learning platform where they may study entirely at your own pace. The course will be assessed by a combination of written assignments, a portfolio of teaching evidence and observation of teaching or training.
As part of the course you be observed for a total of 3 hours to assess the practical elements of the qualification. The observations should be completed within a suitable environment (such as a school, training centre or club) with a suitably qualified teacher. Simulation teaching is not permitted at this level.
The six units that all candidates must complete are:
- Understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training
- Planning to meet the needs of learners in education and training
- Delivering education and training
- Assessing learners in education and training
- Using resources for education and training
- Developing, using and organising resources in a specialist area
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN LEVEL 4 EDUCATION & TRAINING:
- Unlimited tutor support – You will receive live personal tutor support throughout the duration of your course. Your highly-qualified tutor will be available from Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm via email and telephone.
- Rapid marking response – Submissions of work aim to be marked within 3 working days to ensure that you progress through your course as efficiently as possible.
- No deadlines – We do not impose any deadlines; you can complete the qualification entirely at your own pace throughout the duration of the course.
- Learning resources – A variety of learning materials, ranging from advice leaflets to PowerPoint presentations. These resources are accessible on the learning platform.
- Accredited certification – You will receive your accredited certificate and unit transcript free at no extra cost!
- Observations – You will also have access to an observer who can come out to your location at no extra cost (UK). This means that the practical aspects of your course can be completed, and you don’t have to worry about additional payments!
- Course units – All units and assignments are included within the price and can be accessed at any point during the 12 months access to the learning platform.
BOOKING THE LEVEL 4 EDUCATION & TRAINING:
You can book the course below, please ignore the date column.